- Complex system of non-pathogenic aerobic and anaerobic microbes, as well as natural enzymes, specifically formulated to establish biological filtration in new aquarium set-ups, and to enhance the rate of nitrification, denitrification, and organic waste degradation in marine and freshwater aquaria through complete nutrient remineralization.
- Benefits are:
- Rapid reduction of organic carbon, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate.
- Digestion of uneaten/undigested food, excreta, detritus, and other latent organic material, resulting in cleaner and healthier aquarium substrate (without having to physically clean or disturb the substrate bed).
- Reduction of organic compounds into nutrients that encourage the growth of photosynthetic organisms (e.g. zooxanthellae, macroalgae, plants).
- Greatly-reduced hydrogen sulfide production.
- Increase in dissolved oxygen concentration.
- Limits availability of pre-existing phosphate to undesirable forms of algae and cyanobacteria.
- Increased water clarity.
- Supplied in a state of suspended animation for maximum longevity.
- Formulated utilizing extensive data compiled by microbiologists.
The concentration of dissolved and particulate organic materials in any aquatic environment can have a significant impact on the overall appearance of, as well as the health of organisms residing within, that system. Relatively low-nutrient environments are characterized by high water clarity, lack of unpleasant odors, and absence of microalgae and cyanobacteria; this is collectively a result of the lack of nitrogen-, phosphorus-, and carbon-based waste available. Aquaria that are relatively rich in available nutrients have characteristics opposite to the afore-mentioned, and are typically not desirable because of the resultant appearance of the system and the difficulty of maintaining healthy aquarium inhabitants.
Brightwell Aquatics MicroBacter7 is a selective complex of extremely effective microbes and enzymes that rapidly reduces the concentrations of organic nitrogen, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate, and organic carbon in all marine and freshwater ecosystems, leading to greatly improved water quality; better water quality typically leads to healthier aquarium inhabitants. MicroBacter7 does not require refrigeration, however storage in a cool, shaded area will prolong the activity, and maximize the shelf-life, of the product.